Digital Technology Essay

Over the two years of media, my production work has developed as i've been introduced to new applications which further allows me to expand upon my creativity. Digital Technology and Creativity link together as there is plot of content within digital technology and the more you see, the more creative you become. Digital Technology can be used to create products which look more authentic and allows me to be more creative as i'm able to experiment with the product. If there's any mistakes made, you are able to erase and change it. Also, We have access to social networks so we can show our work to other and allow it to reach other audiences

In AS, my preliminary task was to create a college magazine. The digital technology had a great impact on my Post-Production. In order for me to create the magazine, I had to use Adobe InDesign to format the text and structure of the magazine. I created boosts using shapes such as square and circles. I used the colour palette to experiment to see what colours would suit the college magazine. I utilised the gradient swatch tool to manipulate the colours. This impacted on my experimentation skills as I am able to change the colour scheme of it without any hassle. My college magazine was a practical success as i experimented with the different tools which allowed me to create the magazine.

In AS, my task was to create a music magazine of any genre of my choice. Digital technology had a impact on my research as I was able to use the internet to search for influences for my magazine. I looked at music magazines such as XXL & NME. Without it, my creativity levels would have been limited as I wouldn't of known how a R&B magazine look like. Digital Technology also had a impact on my post-production also. I was exposed to other applications such as Adobe Photoshop which allowed me to manipulate images to achieve desired results. I used magic wand to remove the background of an image. By doing this, it allowed me to embed my own background onto the image. I've experimented with the colour of the background to see what would work. I researched colour palette for R&B magazines and I chose grey & gold. I developed from Preliminary task to Magazine as beforehand, I never knew how to use the tools on Photoshop. Tools such as the blend, pen tool, burn tool and polygon tool.

In A2, my task was to create a horror trailer, magazine & a poster. My skills were further developed as I was introduced to more applications such as Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X & GarageBand during my post production. I used the blade tool to edit many clips which i recorded during production. I experimented with the clips and utilized the trim tool to adjust the length of the clips. For the trailer, we used a more technically advanced software called Adobe Aftereffects, whereby we created our title slates. This showed our skills had developed over the two years. We utilized fade to black as our transition between two clips. This was used because in real media trailers, they use it also. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genre Essay *UPDATED*

Audience Essay

Representation Essay